New York, NY – June 6 – The M&A Advisor honored Clark Spurrier, Founder and CEO of Spurrier Capital Partners (SCP), with the Investment Banker of the Year Award at the 11th Annual International M&A Awards Dinner last night at the New York Athletic Club.
This prestigious award recognizes the impact of SCP and Mr. Spurrier in pioneering an unprecedented M&A advisory service and the significant value that it has created for the firm’s clients. This year’s finalists and winners represent the elite advisors and dealmakers of the international M&A deal community.
This recognition marks the sixth major M&A industry award for SCP, and the first for Mr. Spurrier. SCP has been named a finalist for twenty-one awards since 2014.
“This is an exciting time for SCP to be advising such amazing and transformative Technology companies,” said Mr. Spurrier. “We are extremely honored by this award and we appreciate The M&A Advisor for recognizing our differentiated approach and dedication to achieving excellent outcomes for our clients.”
Spurrier Capital Partners’ M&A Industry Awards and Finalist Nominations include:
- Investment Banker of the Year: Clark Spurrier, Founder & CEO, Spurrier Capital Partners, 2019, WINNER
- Global Private Equity Deal of the Year: Middle Market, Vista Equity Partners Acquires Allocate Software from HgCapital, 2019, WINNER
- Global Tech & Services Deal of the Year: Mid-Market, Winshuttle Sale to Symphony Technology Group, 2019, WINNER
- Americas Private Equity Deal of the Year: EQT Partners Acquires Zemax Software from Arlington Capital Partners, 2018, WINNER
- Americas Technology & Telecom M&A Deal of the Year: Middle Market, Tyler Technologies Acquires Socrata from investor group, 2018, WINNER
- Cross Border Deal of the Year: Middle Market, Acquisition of Luciad by Hexagon AB, 2018, WINNER
- Americas Technology Investment Bank of the Year: Spurrier Capital Partners, 2018
- Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year: Tyler Technologies Acquisition of Socrata, 2018
- Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Luciad by Hexagon AB, 2017
- Cross Border Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Allocate Software by Vista Equity Partners, 2018
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year: Vista Equity Investment in Allocate Software, 2018
- Information Technology Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Allocate Software by Vista Equity Partners, 2018
- Information Technology Deal of the Year: Zemax Sale to EQT, 2018
- Information Technology Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Luciad by Hexagon AB, 2017
- Marketing Technology M&A Deal of the Year: Dentsu’s Acquisition of Leapfrog Online, 2017
- Private Equity Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Winshuttle by Symphony Technology Group, 2018
- Private Equity Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Allocate Software by Vista Equity Partners, 2018
- Technology Deal of the Year: ABRY Acquires Compusearch, 2015
- Technology Deal of the Year: TA Associates Acquires Insurity from Genstar Capital, 2015
- USA Boutique Investment Bank of the Year: Spurrier Capital Partners, 2017
- USA Private Equity Deal of the Year: Insight Venture Partners Acquisition of Zyme, 2017
About M&A Advisor
The M&A Advisor was founded in 1998 to offer insights and intelligence on M&A activities. Over the past twenty-one years they have established the premiere global network of M&A, turnaround, and finance professionals. They are also the preeminent organization recognizing excellence, honoring achievement, and presenting thought leadership among the world’s leading dealmakers.
About Spurrier Capital Partners
Spurrier Capital Partners (SCP) is an elite boutique investment bank specializing in traditional Mergers & Acquisitions advisory services and Private Placements in the Technology sector. The firm’s Consigliere Approach is an orientation in which it is the trusted advisor and counselor to the senior management teams and boards of its clients. The unique elements of SCP’s model include (1) unequaled domain expertise; (2) strong relationships with the influential Technology Private Equity and large Strategic acquirers; and (3) world-class execution capability.
About Clark Spurrier
Mr. Spurrier has been a leading banker and thought leader in Technology since the early 1990s. He was a founding member of the JP Morgan Technology Group in 1995, where he created the Internet/New Media practice. He later joined the Morgan Stanley Technology Group, where he created the B2B Software and FinTech practices, and was a leading banker throughout the rise of the Internet. Mr. Spurrier also held senior leadership positions at Thomas Weisel Partners and CIBC. Many of his transactions stand out as transformational and industry-defining within their respective technology sectors.